First Journal Entry
The importance of my writing is immeasurable in terms of how it has helped me. Though I don't write ever day or even very consistently, I do write quite frequently. Whenever my muse takes me by the hand and makes me write something rather than speak about it is when I write. I mainly write either fragments of poems or stories about what's going on in my life. By writing these two things, I've found, I've been able to make the most noticeable difference in both my attitude and point of view, when compared to other types of writing. The thing that keeps me connected to writing is my overall feeling as I'm doing it and when I've finished. It lets me sort out things that I'm either too emotional about or too uncomfortable with to actually talk about. The negative thing about writing, in my opinion, is just how much you have to be willing to let down your guard. Anyone who reads it can pretty much look straight through your words to the emotional package that's contained within them, and that's a difficult thing to swallow. Wheter or not this sounds conceited, I mainly write about myself. This is the topic that I know the most about and am the most connected to, so it's what comes naturally to me. I have never had one specific profound experience with writing. I have come to find, through the process, many things about myself which I had never before thought of or realized, though, so the whole process of re-knowing myself is probably my most profound experience. There is really no one in my family that writes; I'm about it. I think this may be one of my weaknesses: I don't have a lot of experience with dealing with writing. I'm not used to looking at and digesting the writing of people I know. My major strength, I believe, is simply my willingness. I think writing opens parts of myself that have long been closed, and I am always trying to explore these new areas of myself.
2 Comments:
Ashley-
It's like I always say: You won't spend more time with anyone than you will with yourself, so you had better learn to like them.
-Dana
hey your writing is awesome, don't sell yourself short!
---Love ya! Hilary girl
Post a Comment
<< Home