Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Friday, November 26, 2004

The First Snow

Today was no different than any other day. Okay, wait. That's a lie. Because in fact, today isn't like any other day of the year. The reasong being that oday in Thanksgiving! The one day of the year when everybody tries to put aide their stress, their work, and their family problems for something much more important: food! For a very obvious reason, however, this Thanksgiving is different. Of course, there is the turkey- the kind that looks like it could serve 20 but actually serves 8. The cookie trays, wine goblets and gravy bowls are all filled to the brim, but something is still off. In our chain of festivites, the missing like is the snow! Rather than singing "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas," we'll be forced to sing "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Labor Day!" Seriously, does anyone want to sing that? I definitely don't. Now, just as the pumpkin pie is being passed out, it comes. The snow is falling on Thanksgiving. This snowfall will save us all from a horrible round of re-done Christmas carols! It may not be a lot of snow, but it is here, and we are thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home