Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

The lights went down...

I had driven to the stadium a half hour before, and was now sitting in my seat. Section 107, row 19, seat 12. All around me were die-hard country music fans, waiting in sweet anticipation for the time when the lights would go down. Quickly the seats were filling up, and then onto the stage came the K102 Morning Crew. They started speaking to the entire crowd about the upcoming act, and then introduced the first opening act: Julie Roberts. I hadn't known before coming to the concert who was opening, so this declaration made me very happy. Julie Roberts is one of my favorite artists, so seeing her was like the icing on the already wonderful cake. Just as she started into her first song I wrote a message to my friend Jason: "Don't you wish you were here tonight??" Within 2 minutes of pressing send I got a reply, with a word that would make his mother's ears ring: "F*** you! Are you having fun??" Then she started in on her first single, Break Down Here. For Jason and I this song has some memories involved, so I called him and let him listen to it through the connection of our cell phones. Eventually she finished her set, as did Chris Cagle, who held the stage after she did.

Then the lights went on, and the crew went to work to prepare the stage for the main group of the night: Rascal Flatts. After a good 10 or 15 minute wait, the the music for "Here's To You" started, and the lights went down...

And the rest, as they say, is history.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home