Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Monday, November 29, 2004

My room:)

From behind my dark-blue curtains the sun slowly tries to break into my room. I refuse to grant it acess, though; it's too early in the morning and I'm much too comfortable under my covers. In an attempt to fall back asleep I roll over and close my eyes, but it's to no avail. My alarm clock will ring at any minute, so giving myself the false hope of more sleep could prove to be detrimental to my mood for the entire day. Because of this, I wonce again roll over and look about my room. Everything is shaded in a serene light by the sun; the same sun which has ignored my refusal of access and has stolden into my room by way of window. The corkboard lining one entire wall reminds me of a grainy old photograph. Everything this appears jagged and across the entire surface there are series of ridges. The poster of James Dean looks down on me, and the tagline "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" drips with irony. The irony comes because the man who said those fateful words didn't know at the time how unkind fate would be to him. Surrounding that poster is my collage of friends. The multitude of photos on the wall somewhat surprises me, and though I know that some are out-dated and should be taken down, the time never seems right to erase the people shown. Taking them down would not only remove them from my wall, but ultimately my life as well. Just as my gaze is averted to my bookcase my trust alarm clock goes off ina reminder that the sun has won and it's tiime for me to formally surrender. Grudgingly I do, get up to ready myself for a new day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home