Nutmeg Memories
The aroma filling the room reached my nose the instant I entered. It grabbed ahold of my every emotion and took away every ounce of comfort and peace I had created inside of myself. All the walls were torn down instantly, and in their place memories flooded in and settled down. The scent of nutmeg will forever be my most tangible memory of my gradmother. She's passed on, but whenever the familiar scent is around me I always go back to the time when she was here on Earth with us. It exuded from her, and it was always there, no matter where or when it was. By simply waling past her a person would get a whiff of the fragrance and by hugging her ones senses would be overtaken by the sharp smell from her perfume. The kitchen was the room where it was the most noticeable, because just from being in a kitchen our senses for smell are always more perceptive. For anyone who knew my grandmother, the kitchen would also make them experience a yearning for her chocolate chip cookies.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home