Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

To Remember William...

The senior year has been passing by much too quickly. It seems as if it's still the first week of school, and yet we're already 2 weeks into the second quarter. Between homework, work and finding time to have a social life, this year has been slipping into the past much too quickly. So last night I decided to take a break. I refused to do any homework at all once I came home, I made sure that I didn't have to work, and I got ready to go and see the Rebel's football team at State. My group of 7 or 8 friends met at my house, and then we drove to the Metrodome. When we got there we sat in section 106, and sitting just a few rows back were Matt and William. By the middle of the game we had all moved seats and sections around a bit, and it ended up that Will was sitting behind me and over one seat. About halfway into the 3rd quarter of the game, something from around that area caught my eye. I turned around to inspect it a little more closely, but all I could see was Matt watching the game and Will drinking some soda pop. Then it came- somewhere in Will something happened, and whether he was laughing, coughing or sneezing I may never know. What I do know, though, is the fact that his pop ended up all over my face. I instantaneously jumped out of my seat and started wiping at my face harder than I can remember doing in my entire life. Anung, who was sitting beside me at the time, ended up on the floor because she was laughing so hard and also because I jumped up so quickly.

So there it is; my reason for never forgetting Mr. Will. It may not be a good reason, but it's there. So thanks for the memory- even if I wish it hadn't happened:)

4 Comments:

Blogger parvoneh said...

Ashley, this is great! I laughed so hard. You really built the suspense wonderfully...I wasn't sure why this had anything to do with William at first, so it was a very humerous shock when you revealed the "climax." Funny!

Then it came- somewhere in Will something happened, and whether he was laughing, coughing or sneezing I may never know. What I do know, though, is the fact that his pop ended up all over my face.Those lines were fantastic!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Nice Ashley! I totally remember it... man...William totally spewed (he barely missed me). Anyways, funny story (poor William)...and poor you! Just glad it didn't hit me.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

See, this is why William rocks. At least this will distract you from that ring I owe you...

-Dana

12:37 AM  
Blogger W_kh said...

Hi Ashley, this is Will commenting about you commenting about me. I have to say that your story is great. I am sorry for what happened. However, I also thank you for the memories that it created. . .

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home