Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Importance of Being Arnold

Ahh, the glory days of coming home from school and not being stressed out. Sure, there was homework, but nothing that would take more than 20 minutes. Rather than sit down and tackle it directly after school, I would search in my room and find the remote control to my brand-new tv set(which, now, is very outdated). When the item was finally retrieved from the back of my sock drawer(how'd it get there), I'd point it at the TV and get comfortable for my favorite show, Hey! Arnold to start. While it was about a boy with a pig for a pet and a football-shaped head, I learned a lot through watching it. I learned that the meanest girl may have a very large soft spot for the one person she's meanest to. From this same character, Helga, I've learned to never name a child Helga who already has a "perfect" older sister. I've also learned that there are rat kings who live under all of our streets, and to get things back from them you need to beat them at chess. Grandma's are very often crazy, just as grandpa's are some of the coolest people you can meet. Old turtles have feelings, too, and it may not be a good idea to try and get into the Guiness Book of World Records. Friends will always say your house is coolest, and if they get in fights with their parents your house will the the first place to go. Also, I learned to never let pet pigs out in streets, where they could get lost. I learned that apartment buildings always have the one creepy man who lives upstairs, and that if I were a cartoon character I would never change my clothes.

Mostly, though, I learned one thing- I remember this show way too well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home