Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

It actually worked!

Well, this journal has actually officially proven to be useful. About a week ago I wrote an entry that had little known facts in it, and the ways they may help me in the future. What amazes me is that one of these things actually helped me in real life. I included a fact about Winston Churchill; he was born in a bathroom during a dance. Well, the day after Christmas I stayed at home and I played the game Cranium with my parents and my sister. I was teamed up with my father against my mom and sister, and the game was close. We were all doing well, so neither team could put very much space between us. Then, I rolled a purple. We answered the question correctly, and were then able to roll again- finally some ground could be won! My dad did the rolling this time, and we had to answer a question from "data head." These are either multiple choice, true-false, or open-ended questions. When my mom pulled out the card with the question deciding our fate on it, she said it was a true-false. What a relief. At least this way, we had a 50-50 chance. Then she read the question. "Winston Churchill's mother was a poor potato farmer throughout his life."

Ooooh, was I excited! My CIS blog came into my head, and I automatically knew the answer. False! What in the world would a poor potato farmer be doing at a dance when she was pregnant?? She wouldn't be there! "False! False!" I practically screamed out. My dad looked at me with squinted eyes- he thought the answer was true. But no-sir-ee! False was the answer, and we jumped far ahead of my mom and sister in the game.

So thank you, blog. You made my day. I won at Cranium, due in a large part to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home