It seems to me that recently, life has been going at a hectic pace. I've been learning new things, sticking them in a "temporary file" in my head and then shoving them out with new information. I don't want my life to be led this way- I want to learn new things and appreciate them for what they mean. I want to be able to add useful things to conversations, rather than only my opinion. But instead of going and finding a whole bunch of current even information, or even very useful things, I decided to learn the most bizarre trivia I could. These are the things I came up with (many thanks to www.superkids.com).
Winston Churchill was born in a woman's bathroom during a dance. This could come in handy in the future. If ever someone is talking about the black curtain that went over Europe, I can astound them by knowing Churchills' beginning.
The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses. When I go to Greece at some point in my future, it will be a good thing to know about their national anthem. Though I probably will never be in a situation where I will have to sing it, at least I'll know why they don't always sing it as Americans do- it
s too dang long!
Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer. If I had known this when I went to Alcatraz a couple of weeks ago, I could have shared it with my family . When we saw the cell they believe he was held in, it would have been very interesting to let them know this little tid-bit of information, since he was obviously not involved in that.
Well, that's all for now. But I'll come back and write more about little-known facts. They are so fun!
Winston Churchill was born in a woman's bathroom during a dance. This could come in handy in the future. If ever someone is talking about the black curtain that went over Europe, I can astound them by knowing Churchills' beginning.
The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses. When I go to Greece at some point in my future, it will be a good thing to know about their national anthem. Though I probably will never be in a situation where I will have to sing it, at least I'll know why they don't always sing it as Americans do- it
s too dang long!
Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer. If I had known this when I went to Alcatraz a couple of weeks ago, I could have shared it with my family . When we saw the cell they believe he was held in, it would have been very interesting to let them know this little tid-bit of information, since he was obviously not involved in that.
Well, that's all for now. But I'll come back and write more about little-known facts. They are so fun!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home