Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Leftovers

The food has been cleared away and the wrappings are still sitting around the tree. Some presents have made it into their respective bedrooms; the majority still lay among the torn paper. Ashes are left in the fireplace as the last remnants of the fire that burnt throughout Christmas night. Television has stopped playing holiday shows and are now focusing on the new year of 2005. No longer can I turn on the radio to be greeted by sentimental Christmas songs.

Christmas has left many things in this house, and is now gone. The most important leftover we have, though, cannot be consumed or thrown in a garbage can and rolled away. The memories of the laughter and excitement of new toys and old family are now embedded in our hearts. When the next cold and weary day comes along, I'll always be able to look back on Christmas and know that it wasn't just a wasted day- it was a day made for remembering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home