Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Music

Music, in my life, is a key player. Nothing else can connect to me the way a great melody or chorus can. I love to listen to the ways that artists can express their emotions in just a three or four minute song. Novels are too long to be as hard-hitting as a short song is, and movies have too many other factors involved to really have an effect on me. But a good band can do just that.

When I first heard of the band Rooney, I instantly became hooked. You could even say I was a little obsessed and I wouldn't argue with you. I wouldn't agree with you, though, if you said that Rooney was a bad thing for me to become involved with, because it did in fact drastically change me. I became proud, confident and happy during the time when I first became a fan. Something in their unique mix of drums, bass and vocals got inside of my head and let me be the person I wanted to be. Without this band, I don't think I would be the same person as I am now.

So wheter or now I'm weird for being such a fan, I know that it was a very good thing for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home