Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Friday, December 10, 2004

The one

The one in the upper left-hand corner is giving me a look
The look is one I've had before, because I give it to myself
The picture on the wall stares down from where it's hung
And my sixth grade smile awakens me
To where I was back then.
The world was cold and harsh
And I didn't feel much love.
My friends were there to leave me alone
And turning their backs left me cold
But the world is not the same right now
And the girl that stood in my shoes cannot be found
Life is no longer colored slate, but rather full of love
The one in the upper left-hand corner is giving me a look,
But I stare right back and give her a smile
Because I know I've left her behind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home