Rudeness
The audacity of some people absolutely astounds me. American Sign Language is one of my least favorite classes, and yesterday a girl in the class said something which made me want to be very mean to her. I'm normally a pretty nice and happy person, but the thing she said was so out of bounds I was even embarrased for her. Christmas vocabulary was the lesson for the day, and our mission was to fill the white board with words relating to the holiday. After we had a lot on it, Mrs. Jerzac asked if anyone was Jewish. She began to teach us words such as Menorrah and Jewish, and then a girl in the class spoke up. She said "Is anyone in here Jewish? If you are we're sending you back to Germany." I couldn't believe it! How any person could be that heartless and say such a thing was beyond me. I told her what I thought, and she went on to say "Who cares? They don't really matter anyways." Oooh, was I ever ticked. Being easy-going is probably one of my largest personality traits, but this got under my skin. Luckily the bell rang and I was able to duck out of the room before I said anything regrettable. I wish this is the last time anything such as this is ever said, but I know it won't happen. All I can say to whoever is reading this, is to think twice before you speak. And if you're still unsure if your comment will be rude or not, please refrain from sharing it.
1 Comments:
OMG that is so rude and inconsiderate, not to mention the fact that it's just plian appalling. I can't believe anybody would say such a horrible thing about a culture they obviously know little about. I am glad you tried to defend their culture, even though it is not yours. I guess i just wish everybody could appreciate all the other cultures as much as they appreciate their own.
Post a Comment
<< Home