Bobby Darin
Yesterday my mom dragged me out into the cold of the night to go to Showplace Theatres. She wouldn't let me know what I was being taken to, just that I would see a movie. As I sat in the front seat of our monstrous conversion van, my mind wandered to what film I would see. The Phantom of the Opera- I can't wait to see it. Spanglish- looks really good. Meet the Fockers- Already saw it, laughed hard throughout.
By the time I finished the list of movies in my head, we were in the parking lot walking up to the theatre. When my mom greeted the ticket sales person with "2 for Beyond the Shore" I was confused. What is this movie? I've never heard of it before? So I asked her- but she wouldn't tell me still. Just a coy look that said "You'll figure it out."
And did I ever! Beyond the Shore is the movie version of Bobby Darin's life. I doubt a lot of people reading this even know who Bobby Darin is, but when I was younger he was my idol. He sang the old songs "Splish Splash" and "Mack the Night." Because my mom is always listening to KOOL 108, I know all the old songs, and Bobby Darin was my favorite!
The movie was thouroughly enjoyable, and I recommend it to anyone who needs a good time.
By the time I finished the list of movies in my head, we were in the parking lot walking up to the theatre. When my mom greeted the ticket sales person with "2 for Beyond the Shore" I was confused. What is this movie? I've never heard of it before? So I asked her- but she wouldn't tell me still. Just a coy look that said "You'll figure it out."
And did I ever! Beyond the Shore is the movie version of Bobby Darin's life. I doubt a lot of people reading this even know who Bobby Darin is, but when I was younger he was my idol. He sang the old songs "Splish Splash" and "Mack the Night." Because my mom is always listening to KOOL 108, I know all the old songs, and Bobby Darin was my favorite!
The movie was thouroughly enjoyable, and I recommend it to anyone who needs a good time.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home