The countdown
The room was filled with friends I had invited over to my house for New Years. We had watched the ball drop when New York City celebrated their entry into 2005, and were becoming excited for the time when we could join them in the new year. There were six of us sitting in my hot tub, and when we got out there was only 15 minutes left in 2004. Scattering into different rooms, we all changed out of our swim suits and got back into our clothes. (Okay, I cheated a little bit. I didn't change back into clothes, I put on my pajamas instead.) When we were all nice and dry again, we looked at the tv and saw the countdown begin. 30...29...28...any regrets we had from 2004 could now be forgotten...27...26...25...2005 was mere seconds away...24...23...22...never again would we all be together for a new years- this was the last one in high school. We all looked around ourselves and took in the scene. This would be a new years to remember. For the first time in our lives, a new life was going to begin in the year we were celebrating. College, tech school, work. Wherever we were going, it wouldn't be together.
10...Friends celebrating New Years 2005
9...Seniors thinking about their last year in high school
8...Phones ringing, connecting our gathering with others all over the state
7...Resolutions being burnt in the fireplace
6...Months left in high school
5...Hours I had worked at the bakery before people came over
4...Adults upstairs having their own party
3...CD's on repeat on my stereo
2...Couples welcoming in the new year together
1...Year of great memories behind us and 1 year of great memories before us.
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had fun, I know I did
10...Friends celebrating New Years 2005
9...Seniors thinking about their last year in high school
8...Phones ringing, connecting our gathering with others all over the state
7...Resolutions being burnt in the fireplace
6...Months left in high school
5...Hours I had worked at the bakery before people came over
4...Adults upstairs having their own party
3...CD's on repeat on my stereo
2...Couples welcoming in the new year together
1...Year of great memories behind us and 1 year of great memories before us.
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had fun, I know I did
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home