Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Like Sands Through the Hourglass

So begins the best daytime soap opera ever. I'm a Days of Our Lives junkie. Ask me anything about the characters and I can give you their life history. Unclear on a plot twist? Look no further than Ashley for clarification. Some people call soap operas cheesy, and I agree with them. Days of Our Lives is full of cheesy lines and cheesy characters. The show could probably be called Days of the Packers if it really wanted to. I still like, it though. The show isn't trying to change the world. Religion is a key issue, but it deals with many religions, not just one. All the characters are diverse from eachother and the writing is superb. More than that, though, is the acting. No one could say day time actors are bad at their craft, because it would be a straight-out lie. They need to do memorize pages of lines and then block them out of their head for the next days' lines.

If anyone doesn't like day-time, I think you need to take another look. The shows are really good, especially Days of Our Lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home