My Favorite Pillow
My favorite pillow has been everywhere with me. When I travel by car, it goes straight into the back seat with me and is used to prop me up. When I went to Australia two summers ago, I took it on the plane with me and it spent every night curled up under my head. Next September when I'm falling asleep every night in my dorm room, there is no doubt in my mind that I'll be falling asleep on the same pillow. It's nothing that anyone else would even take a second glance at, but it is one of my most prized possessions. All the fluff inside is completely worn out, and I can now fold it in half and it will stay how I put it. I think that's what I like about it, though. I know that in a life of changes, my pillow has changed right along with me. No other pillow can put me to sleep as fast, because I'm not comfortable with it. I can't know where it's been before or who's slept on it. With my pillow, however, I know exactly where it's been. It's shared road-trips, long flights and sleepless nights without saying a word or demanding anything of me. Every night when I sleep it's there and every morning when I wake up it's there. I love my pillow. Now if only I could go to sleep! But no, homework is sitting next to me screaming,, so my pillow will have to be forgotten about for a little while.
1 Comments:
This is great! I know exactly what you mean about being able to "fold the pillow in half" and it will stay exactly that way because all the fluff is gone. Mine is like that, too! I really like reading your writing, because each of your entries is so different and really good! Thanks for sharing.
**Jamie
Post a Comment
<< Home