Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Nightime

The night wraps
Itself around me,
Forcing me to surrender
To its will.

Colors bend and
Emotions break, but
Here in my room the
Consequences don't matter.

Dreams come from far away
And take me on a fast jet to
Places that I have never
Before imagined

Tears can be hidden and
Smiles can be shared in the
Daylight but at night there is no
False face to be worn.

All around me the walls
Fold in to be a reasurrance
That my hidden emotions
Will stay buried in their paint

The night sends me in a tailspin
Of sentiments and dreams
That open my heart and let me
Face a new day and another night

1 Comments:

Blogger Jammer525 said...

Once again, I'm loving your poetry!! I can relate sooo much to what you're saying about the night. I feel like people's true selves come out at night. I love your lines about "Tears can be hidden and Smiles can be shared in the Daylight but at night there is no False face to be worn." SO TRUE and I love it! Thank you so much for writing these on here!!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home