Rooney
In my opinion, music and the lyrics to songs are one of the most powerful tools available to people today. What speaking, writing and fighting could never do in a lifetime, music can do in a short four minute song. While there are many artists out right now with lyrics that I absolutely adore, Rooney is at the top of this list. The way in which they word their feelings is perfect.
One of my favorite of their lines is "I've been given my brush and plate/but where will I paint my life?/And will the buyer in the sky/Believe in what I dream?" To me, these lines says so much without sounding pretensious. I love how they evoke so much emotion and really make a picture in my mind. Whenever I hear them, I can imagine standing outside with a painter's palette, painting the sky whatever colors I wanted to. And "will the buyer in the sky" means so much, too. I love how it refers to God, but says it in a way that really any religion could relate to it.
Another of their lyrics that I love is a little less spiritual in nature. It comes from their song, It Goes to Bed, and in reality the lyrics could be considered rude to the general population. They go, "they say what they think they know/and they know what's on television/they dress how the others dress/and they feel without the truth of even feeling" I love how this is worded and if you heard it in the song, it would make even more sense. It may sound like they believe themselves to be better than anyone else, but they are really just urging the girl in the song to not change herself to look better in others' eyes.
I could go on for hours with other Rooney lyrics(Trust me, I've got a Ph.D. and a knife), because every song has things in it that I love. However, I don't really want to sit here for hours, so I'm going to cut this short now. But if any of you haven't heard Rooney before, you should definitely look into their music, because it's really good, and they're all great guys.
One of my favorite of their lines is "I've been given my brush and plate/but where will I paint my life?/And will the buyer in the sky/Believe in what I dream?" To me, these lines says so much without sounding pretensious. I love how they evoke so much emotion and really make a picture in my mind. Whenever I hear them, I can imagine standing outside with a painter's palette, painting the sky whatever colors I wanted to. And "will the buyer in the sky" means so much, too. I love how it refers to God, but says it in a way that really any religion could relate to it.
Another of their lyrics that I love is a little less spiritual in nature. It comes from their song, It Goes to Bed, and in reality the lyrics could be considered rude to the general population. They go, "they say what they think they know/and they know what's on television/they dress how the others dress/and they feel without the truth of even feeling" I love how this is worded and if you heard it in the song, it would make even more sense. It may sound like they believe themselves to be better than anyone else, but they are really just urging the girl in the song to not change herself to look better in others' eyes.
I could go on for hours with other Rooney lyrics(Trust me, I've got a Ph.D. and a knife), because every song has things in it that I love. However, I don't really want to sit here for hours, so I'm going to cut this short now. But if any of you haven't heard Rooney before, you should definitely look into their music, because it's really good, and they're all great guys.
1 Comments:
Yo ashley! This is spe (spit bubble here) tacular!
Post a Comment
<< Home