Theme Song
My theme song for CIS is "Take Your Sweet Time" by Jesse McCartney. The italicized words are what our papers are thinking as they sing us the song:)
It isnt a crime to want
A little space to breathe
You've been working on me for weeks- haha! I'm almost sick of myself!
But you will be fine
The sun again will shine on you
Whatever you do
Yeah, maybe the sun will shine on you. But it will be a loooooong time. First you have to write me, then edit, then edit more, write journals and then start on the next paper!!!
Take your sweet, sweet time
I will be here when you change your mind
I will always be here. Even when CIS is done I'll always be sitting in Mrs. Mork's file cabinet and I'll be saved on your computer waiting for you to edit me some more!
Take your sweet, sweet time
I will be here for you baby
Anytime
Anytime. All the time. Always. There's always more you can do to me! See that plain word? Change it! Where are the metaphores???
Im feeling you pull away
But I know you'll be back. I'm such a fun paper to write I'll never be out of your mind.
'cause letting go isnt easy for me
I'll never let myself go. I'll always want you to make me better.
But you'll never fly
With someone elses wings, I know
Wherever you go
No paper will ever be as perfect as me. Don't try to cheat and use old cliches- use your own wings and think of your own!
I will never stand in your way
But you'll stand in your own way. You never know how good I could be until you work some more.
Wherever your heart may lead you
I will love you the same
You're my author; my one, my only. (Unless you worked with a partner- then you're my authors, my onlys.) But that's not a word. You should have paid more attention in school so I could have a larger vocabulary.
And I will be your comfort every day
You'll always remember how well-written I am. I'm proud of you:)
Do you hear the words I say?
I hope you don't hear me. I'm a paper- I should be read, not heard. And if you're reading me to yourself, you need help. You need a friend.
It isnt a crime to want
A little space to breathe
You've been working on me for weeks- haha! I'm almost sick of myself!
But you will be fine
The sun again will shine on you
Whatever you do
Yeah, maybe the sun will shine on you. But it will be a loooooong time. First you have to write me, then edit, then edit more, write journals and then start on the next paper!!!
Take your sweet, sweet time
I will be here when you change your mind
I will always be here. Even when CIS is done I'll always be sitting in Mrs. Mork's file cabinet and I'll be saved on your computer waiting for you to edit me some more!
Take your sweet, sweet time
I will be here for you baby
Anytime
Anytime. All the time. Always. There's always more you can do to me! See that plain word? Change it! Where are the metaphores???
Im feeling you pull away
But I know you'll be back. I'm such a fun paper to write I'll never be out of your mind.
'cause letting go isnt easy for me
I'll never let myself go. I'll always want you to make me better.
But you'll never fly
With someone elses wings, I know
Wherever you go
No paper will ever be as perfect as me. Don't try to cheat and use old cliches- use your own wings and think of your own!
I will never stand in your way
But you'll stand in your own way. You never know how good I could be until you work some more.
Wherever your heart may lead you
I will love you the same
You're my author; my one, my only. (Unless you worked with a partner- then you're my authors, my onlys.) But that's not a word. You should have paid more attention in school so I could have a larger vocabulary.
And I will be your comfort every day
You'll always remember how well-written I am. I'm proud of you:)
Do you hear the words I say?
I hope you don't hear me. I'm a paper- I should be read, not heard. And if you're reading me to yourself, you need help. You need a friend.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home