This was for Lisa...
Today, while the rest of the school was wandering from room to room in search of their next year classes, I had a very good time. I had only heard Chicken Poodle Soup play one time before today, and I'm really glad I got another chance to see them. Lisa K. is a very big fan, and because I talk to her so much I've heard a lot about them. So when I saw her outside the auditorium and Stephanie and I sat next to her in the second-from-front row, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. The sound check was amusing to watch, but I wasn't waiting for the music to start.
In truth, I'm a music junkie. My cd's range from country to rock to oldies to pop. Any other type of music is also somewhere in the jumble of my cds(all arranged alphabetically, thank you very much:) Adding ska to that list was an exciting proposition; one that I wouldn't pass up on.
Once the music started, I pretty much knew where the show would lead. Lisa would invite me to join her while she "skanked," and though I have no rhythm and would undoubtedly make a fool out of myself, I willinginly obliged when the time came. Heck, Dana was up there so I could too, right?
I'm glad that I did. Though some may have looked on my limited skank moves with pity (Stephanie can attest to this- she was sitting next to me, too)- it was a lot of fun:) So Lisa- if you're ever in need of someone to go to a concert with- don't forget my number.
In truth, I'm a music junkie. My cd's range from country to rock to oldies to pop. Any other type of music is also somewhere in the jumble of my cds(all arranged alphabetically, thank you very much:) Adding ska to that list was an exciting proposition; one that I wouldn't pass up on.
Once the music started, I pretty much knew where the show would lead. Lisa would invite me to join her while she "skanked," and though I have no rhythm and would undoubtedly make a fool out of myself, I willinginly obliged when the time came. Heck, Dana was up there so I could too, right?
I'm glad that I did. Though some may have looked on my limited skank moves with pity (Stephanie can attest to this- she was sitting next to me, too)- it was a lot of fun:) So Lisa- if you're ever in need of someone to go to a concert with- don't forget my number.
1 Comments:
You are a wonderful skanker!
Post a Comment
<< Home