Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

White Castle

The windows of the car were filling up with fog from both my breah and Stephanie's as we do a right-hand turn into the White Castle parking lot. The past two hours we had been shopping (unsuccessfully) for dresses to wear to Snowdaze, and Stephanie offered up the brilliant idea of going to White Castle. We had little money (twenty dollars was all Stephanie had in her purse) and because White Castle is actually kind of disquisting, we only planned on buying a couple burgers. A cold cup from Orange Julius sat in my cup holder, and while waiting for the voice to come through the drive-up machine I took a sip of the drink I had bought earlier in the night. Eventually the crackling through the machine ended and a woman's voice asked "What can I get for you tonight?" I relayed to her the order we had already decided on, and after hearing the total ($6.13), I drove forward and waited for themoney Stephanie was taking out. Then I heard the noise. "HUUUH!?" Stephanie stammered, as she rustled through her wallet. I turned my head towards her and caught a stolen glance into her wallet, which was strangely void of any bills. She slowly looked up at me and I could see it in her eyes that she felt very badly. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry. My stupid brother must have taken more money from me withouth lettin' me know!" Luckily, I had a Visa check card sitting securely in my wallet and was able to pay for the "meal." Once the bag was sitting in Steph's lap I drove away from the window and took a left-hand turn out of the parking lot. Our very cheesy Hilary Duff was played on the radio and we made our way back home towards homework!

The moral of this story is that there is none. I told Steph I would write about our night, so I did. I guess I could put in a little ad for Visa- "The handy card to have when your friends' brother likes to take what isn't his!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home