Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Why be Scared??

I'll admit it, college scares me. The fact is college will introduce me to a whole new life. I won't know people at my new school, I won't know the campus and I won't know what's expected of me. The tests and papers scare me a little, but the majority of my fear comes from the other people. I'm sure most of the seniors this year are feeling this same anxiety, and I'm sure we'll all adjust perfectly fine. The new people I meet scare me, though. Will I be smart enough? Funny enough? Outgoing enough? Cool enough? While it may be a waste of energy to fret about this, I can't help it. Here at Champlin Park I have a base group of friends. Of course I'm willing to make new friends and meet new people, but I always have people I know. At whatever school I go to, (Cali? Hawaii? Washington DC? Missouri? Where??) I won't have these pre-existing friends. I'm pretty sure that once I get to school I'll meet people and end up having a great four years, but what if I don't? What if no one wants to talk to me and I sit in my dorm room every night while my room-mate goes out with the new people she's met? That would be sad. So even though I'm excited to go away to college, it gives me the heebie-jeebies, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home