Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I woke up

I woke up this morning
and when my feet
Felt the carpet underneath
I knew today was the day
I've been waiting for.
My heart's a jumble of
confusion and love and
in between these there's
a blend of jealousy and
trepidation.
I can sense these
feelings running through
my veins like a string through
the eye of a needle.
They touch nothing, but are
forced into such a small
compartment it's impossible
to forget they're there.
So when I woke up this morning
I knew all of this,
but I've lived through the day and
I can see myself unthread
the string to discard the love, confusion,
jealously, trepidation.
Those are gone and now
my needle is empty.
It sits in wait for the next
artistic whim to overtake me,
making me retrieve some string
of emotions to thread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home