Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Selfishness

I think I'm selfish. I don't feel selfish, but according to people around me I must be. I'm sick of living in the shadows of the person I used to be. I think it's time to move out of that time and become one with the person I want to be. Is this selfish? Is it wrong of me to want to be myself? I don't want to stay the same just to avoid change. I'm 17- this is the time to come into my own, right? Who's business is it if I decide to alter my path in life to include more people, more knowledge, less stress? I feel bad if people are hurt by this, but I need to learn to live for myself. I've spent 17 years worrying so much about affecting others I've never learned to take care of Ashley. I'll be 18 in 2 months. I want to turn 18 as myself, not as a contrived version of me. I feel selfish. Sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I think being selfish is a beautiful thing. I mean after all, when i wasn't selfish for like a week in april i was totally bitchy, but then when i got back to being selfish again i was perfectly fine. Go figure! I think we all need to be a little selfish everyonce in a while. I mean, if we don't make ourselves happy then who is going to? SOooooo I don't think you're selfish at all for welcoming and encouraging change. Maybe the other people are selfish for trying to stop you.... ok now i'm confusing myself. Bye!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home