Ashley

Hey, can you talk a little louder? I don't think my heart's broken enough. But someday we'll all be old and I'll be so damn beautiful.

Name:

This blog has followed me for a long time... from the first day of CIS not knowing what to write about, to when I felt the urge to go to church and the blogs that followed, to now while I sit in Michigan. Hopefully you can take something worthwhile from it and enjoy it.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Daddy

I was talking to my dad today about, what else, college. It seems like everytime I talk to him now it's either about college or growing up or adjusting to a new life or something that follows that basic line of thought. Now I'm not complaining, because I really do like being able to talk to my parents about things which have more meaning than the latest movie or the score of the baseball game. I find it really interesting to hear my dad's perception of me- he has a very high opinion of the person I am. Obviously, I annoy and frustrate him at times, but overall I can tell that he's proud of who I'm becoming (abeit slowly). Knowing I have his hopes and support and belief in me means a lot to me. I know that wherever I go, I'll have a hand behind me in the shadows ready to hold me up if I start to fall. I know if I ever had a problem I needed help with, I could go to him. He's trusting me to move 10 hours away by car, and I appreciate the opportunity so much. I know if it weren't for him and my mom pushing me forward, I would be content to stay in Minnesota and not go far beyond my comfort zone. With them prodding me on, though, I'll be able to make my comfort zone a great deal larger than it now is. Rather than having one home, I'll have two, and one will be all my own. The people I know now won't have a large impact on it- I'll be relying on myself for meals, friendships, studying, doing the wash, everything. I'm excited, and though I'm scared I'm sitting here just waiting for August 16th to come so I can move on to this new life:)

Thanks daddy- I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home