August
The month we've all been waiting for is here. In less than thirty days, I'll be opening to the first page of a new chapter in my life and high school will officially be finished. The ink has barely dried on the final transcripts from Champlin Park, and I already will be tackling assignments for Aquinas College.
Though excitment pulses through my body, it shares the confines with anxiety. At no other time in life will I have this same feeling, yet I want to simply get it over with. College is knocking at the door, and I'm finding it hard to pull myself from the friends I have now to answer it. August 16th will be a weird day- mascara will be running as I hug Kara and Mark good-bye. Both will be staying at home while I leave them for Michigan. I want to be assured right now that I'll always need them like I do at this moment, but I know it's not true. That is what scares me the most. I want to believe that every break I will come home and pick up my relationships exactly where I left them. This, however, is a dream that is doomed to fall. I'll change and grow, as will everyone else I now know. There will come a day on one of the up-coming breaks that I'll realize we're different than we are now.
Hopefully, we'll be able to stay friends through these changes- if we try we'll be able to do so:) I just hope I don't forget about them and vice-versa...
Though excitment pulses through my body, it shares the confines with anxiety. At no other time in life will I have this same feeling, yet I want to simply get it over with. College is knocking at the door, and I'm finding it hard to pull myself from the friends I have now to answer it. August 16th will be a weird day- mascara will be running as I hug Kara and Mark good-bye. Both will be staying at home while I leave them for Michigan. I want to be assured right now that I'll always need them like I do at this moment, but I know it's not true. That is what scares me the most. I want to believe that every break I will come home and pick up my relationships exactly where I left them. This, however, is a dream that is doomed to fall. I'll change and grow, as will everyone else I now know. There will come a day on one of the up-coming breaks that I'll realize we're different than we are now.
Hopefully, we'll be able to stay friends through these changes- if we try we'll be able to do so:) I just hope I don't forget about them and vice-versa...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home