Rain
I can feel the rain beat down on my heart. In one direction, out the other- that's the path. Somewhere between the entrance and exit, though, the rain loses its place. Instead of leaving me and cleaning me out, it sits. Stagnant. Old. Dirty. It beats down relentlessly and won't cease. My friends try to gather round and blow it out. One more joke, a couple more smiles should make it better, right? No, it doesn't help. My clouds over my head stay dark as my heart sinks deeper in my chest because of the weight of the rain. Pitter patter. Pitter patter. The water level rises to encompass my body, my soul, my everything. It may sound too dramatic, like I'm trying to force myself into a bubble of sorrow, but in truth I want to escape from it. Someone needs to throw me a life perserver, I need to catch my breath and swim to the surface of my heart. From there I can see things clearly. Where I struggle now blinds my view. I see the shapes of life above me while I sift through the leftovers below it. Someday I'll pull myself free. Soon I'll be able to turn around and sever the strings that force me down. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week. Someday.
1 Comments:
I am completely speechless on this one, Ashley Halvorson. It's deep and I think something inside of you is waiting to come out. What it is I don't know.
Post a Comment
<< Home