Find Myself
I've gone off to find myself. Somewhere between graduating and here, I've lost the person I am supposed to be. Until now I hadn't realized it, but I just got smacked in the face with the sheer truth of it. I'm not the person I thought I was. I don't know who I am now. Everyday is an entrance and an exit- run to finish everything in as little time as possible. People expect me to smile and laugh and tell jokes and when I don't there's something wrong. There's not. Maybe I want to sit and stare and think. That's what I want to do. Let me alone to do it. Don't wait for me to bring up your mood- bring it up for yourself. Do you want to see the real me? Don't listen to my jokes or read what I'm writing right now. Look in my eyes. Give me a hug and feel my heart beat. That's me. My eyes show a world I've not fully discovered, and my heart is the music in this world. I'm going to go listen to it now.
1 Comments:
i want to hug you! but your in michigan... prepare for one long ass hug on the 18th...
Post a Comment
<< Home