I Apologize
I think I've hurt you.
I know your heart has been
torn in two and your
perspective has been cracked.
What you used to see as
yellows and reds and pinks
have transformed to black.
I apologize.
I think I've let you down.
You expected me to stand
up against the sway of the crowd.
I put on my boots and joined
up with the sway of the people.
They've led me down with them
and I can't get back out.
I apologize.
I think you've forgiven me.
You know my personality and the
person you believe me to be.
Because of this you have
forgotten the horrible things
I've said and done and allow me
to stay in your life daily.
I apologize.
I don't think I've made
the changes you expect I have.
I lie to your face to save my own,
and I lie to protect you. You don't
know because your ruby colored
glasses contort my true colors.
Please forgive me for these things
because I apologize.
I know your heart has been
torn in two and your
perspective has been cracked.
What you used to see as
yellows and reds and pinks
have transformed to black.
I apologize.
I think I've let you down.
You expected me to stand
up against the sway of the crowd.
I put on my boots and joined
up with the sway of the people.
They've led me down with them
and I can't get back out.
I apologize.
I think you've forgiven me.
You know my personality and the
person you believe me to be.
Because of this you have
forgotten the horrible things
I've said and done and allow me
to stay in your life daily.
I apologize.
I don't think I've made
the changes you expect I have.
I lie to your face to save my own,
and I lie to protect you. You don't
know because your ruby colored
glasses contort my true colors.
Please forgive me for these things
because I apologize.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home